To baldly gif where no man has giffed before

If you're epileptic, click here right now. Otherwise, keep on reading. 

This is a "sundry flight of whimsy" week while I work on more serious stuff for later posts.

I've been a major contributor (39 so far by my count) to the r/FullMovieGifs subreddit; my latest contribution is J.J. Abrams's Star Trek (2009), with only the scenes with lens flares. Which is pretty much most of them. (I uploaded the whole movie as well.) Click on the image if you want to see it bigger.


I've been on a bit of a Star Trek gif tear; there are just so many visually odd moments in The Original Series that lend themselves to being taken out of context. Here are some of my creations:

I wonder our science fiction is as bad at projecting design into the future.
What kind of a ship are they running?

"Laugh-outs" were way too common in Star Trek
It's fun to reassemble scenes from different episodes
To those who say Spock never shows emotion.
Sulu is Japanese, and yet the Japanese language doesn't have the letter "L".
A Han and Leia moment.

Finally, a still image with a rather awful pun:


Post a Comment