By popular demand for the Cancer infographic

I've been getting lots of feedback from Monday's post with an interactive graphic I made about diagnosis and mortality rates among different cancers. This is very gratifying, the positive and negative comments both, I'm learning a lot about people's first impressions of such things.

I've had a few repeated requests: yes, you have my permission to post this anywhere and use it for non-evil purposes as long as you give me and the sources credit. I made a big, nice, static version for when the interactive one is inconvenient: here it is.


I've included all the data you need to properly understand it non-interactively; bear in mind that it's a little less obviously intuitive if you can't mouseover and get that instant cognitive feedback.

I've also had some inquiries about posters, so I made a little store at zazzle.com and uploaded the above graphic. The posters cost around $13 (I think) and I get around $3 (I think), and I will give absolutely every penny of that to the American Cancer Society. You can put this on other products too, let me know if you want, like a postcard-size to use as an educational material. You can also get this printed on a mug, wrapping paper, throw pillow, even a skateboard, but I don't think that would really be appropriate. This is all new to me, so I'm not exactly how I can prove that I'll donate the money; if anyone has any ideas, feel free.

Thank you so much to Chris Kirk at Slate.com, Lauren F. Friedman at Business Insider, Andrew Sullivan at The Dish (Chart of the Day!) and Bryce Rudow at The Daily Banter for sharing my graphic.

Apparently if I paste some code here, a neat panel showing and linking to the zazzle poster will appear. Here goes nothin':


make custom gifts at Zazzle

Post a Comment